think back; when stars were young and your atoms scattered.
I present the most badass gifset on Tumblr.
Legitimately turned on by this
This is the best thing.
Oh my god
I don’t even know this fandom and this is cool.
Reason #999 why the cartoon will always be ONE MILLION PERCENT better than that travesty of a movie. They did so much research and put so much detail in you don’t even notice.
Bonus trivia: Toph got a unique martial arts style to match her distinct version of Earthbending (Southern Praying Mantis style, I think) which the creators found out later was (according to legend) invented by a blind woman. Totally a coincidence, but still so fucking cool.
(If you don’t watch the show, Toph is both blind from birth and the best damn Earthbender in the world. Also, GO WATCH THE SHOW.)
Do you ever have a problem where you just don’t know how to reply to an argument, not because you don’t know the answer, but you just don’t know where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you’d need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars if it were coming from a university?
Welcome to Night Vale is a free podcast in the style of community radio set in a strange, Twilight Zone-esque town called Night Vale.
What do you need to know?
- You can listen to it on itunes for free or listen to it here (scroll all the way down to the bottom for the first one).
- Each podcast is 20-30 minutes long.
- New ones are posted on the 1st and 15th of the month.
- The broadcaster’s name is Cecil.
- It’s weird. Get used to that.
- Yes, the weather section is just music. But it’s awesome music.
- No, Cecil having a third eye, tentacles, moving tattoos, etc. are not canon. These are all fanon interpretations of him. There’s no canon description other than that he has a face with a nose and eyes and mouth, and he’s neither tall nor short, thin nor fat.
- Carlos is perfect.
- Desert Bluffs is a rival town. They suck.
- Sit up when you’re listening to it. Cecil’s voice is smooth and sonorous, and it can put you to sleep.
Why listen to it?
- There’s queer representation in the form of our host, Cecil.
- Cecil’s love interest is a POC. And perfect.
- Cultural appropriation is fucking slammed.
- The fandom is amazing and produces beautiful art and graphics.
- It’s funny.
- It’s unlike anything you’ve ever heard before.
- There’s a floating cat.
ah ah for those who might want-transcripts
for extras-the twitter account
it announces updates, answers questions and gives insights and warnings
i hope this wonderful post by the op helps you make up your mind and delve in the madness that this odd town is
Cecil’s voice did actually put me to sleep and Carlos is freakin’ hot.
Woody Creek Cabin, Colorado